The magic of a red balloon. Oh, the places you'll go! :-)
A magia de um balão vermelho. Oh, que lugares você vai visitar! :-)
And here's a sketch for a birthday card I did a while back. I kind of like red balloons...
E aqui um desenho antigo para um cartão de aniversário que fiz há algum tempo atrás. Eu gosto de balões vermelhos...
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
I've been tagged by Stacey at Three Red Trees and Monica from The art of puro to list six random things about myself. This should be fun!
So here they are:
1. I haven't eaten any meat since I was about 9 years old. I'm also a very picky eater, so going out to dinner takes some serious planning.
2. When I was little I wanted to be a wolf biologist. I read every book I could lay my hands on about wolves, both fiction and non-fiction.
3. My favorite comics growing up were Asterix, Mafalda, Peanuts and A Turma da Mônica (a very popular Brazilian comic strip).
4. I love movie soundtracks, especially classical/instrumental ones. There are so many, but some of my favorite composers are Thomas Newman, Rachel Portman, Alexandre Desplat, Howard Shore, Dario Marianelli, and Gabriel Yared.
5. I read a lot (I am a librarian, after all!) and enjoy reading just about anything, from picture books to YA to adult fiction and non-fiction.
6. I'm constantly cold, throughout the year! In winter and fall for obvious reasons -- I was born and grew up in Brazil -- and in summer because of the air conditioning.
We're supposed to tag six other people, but I hope you'll forgive me for skipping this step. Most people seem to have been tagged already and it's getting to be that crazy time of the year when everyone seems to get a bit frazzled by the holidays. However, if you want to take part in this fun game, please do and let us know ;-)
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Back from Rio, where I spent two wonderful weeks with my family (and got a bit of a tan as well!) While there, I saw a production of The Sound of Music on stage, one of my favorite musicals. It was a great show, really well done and well acted. I've lost count of the number of times I've seen the movie, and it never fails to cheer me up! :-)
De volta do Rio, aonde eu passei duas semanas maravilhosas com a minha família (e peguei um bronzeado também!) Enquanto lá assisti uma produção de A Noviça Rebelde no teatro, uma dos meus musicais favoritos. Foi um ótimo show, super bem feito e representado. Já perdi a conta de quantas vezes eu assisti o filme, que nunca deixa de me alegrar! :-)
Saturday, November 1, 2008
It's that time of the year again! Time to fly down to Rio and visit my family. :-)
I'll try to post some drawings and sketches while I'm there, and I'll be sure to stop by other blogs to say "hello!"
See you soon!
É aquela época do ano novamente. É hora de viajar para o Rio e visitar a minha família. :-)
Tentarei postar desenhos e rabiscos enquanto estiver lá, e certamente visitarei outros blogues para dizer "Oi!"