Friday, December 24, 2010

Illustration Friday | Winter

This illustration was an assignment I did for a children's book illustration class I took a few years ago -- a black and white spread illustrating a poem.  We had several poems to choose from, but this one by Oliver Herford (1863-1935) was my favorite.  As some of you already know, I don't enjoy winter.  The short days and cold weather are hard to take for a Brazilian like me.  But this poem is so simple and so full of hope, I fell in love with it.  Click on the image to enlarge it.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Este trabalho foi feito há alguns anos atrás para uma aula de ilustração infantil -- ilustrar em preto e branco um poema em duas páginas.  Haviam vários poemas para serem escolhidos, mas este escrito por Oliver Herford (1863-1935) foi meu favorito.  Como alguns de vocês sabem, eu não gosto de inverno.  Os dias curtos e o tempo frio são difíceis de suportar para uma brasileira como eu.  Mas este poema é tão simples e tão cheio de esperança, eu me apaixonei por ele.  Clique na imagem para aumentá-la.


Feliz Natal a todos!

27 comments:

  1. Great illustration Monica!!

    Merry Christmas, my best wishes for you and all your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful thought and one I will take to heart. Your illustration is the perfect match for this lovely poem. Best wishes for a glorious Holiday season and a Most Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love your illustrations, Monica. Great poem. I'm with you on hating winter though we've been lucky so far in NE. Spring couldn't come soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely lines. And it fits the poem so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that really is lovely - both poem and illustration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So wonderful! Hope you're enjoying all the new snow that came your way. Have a wonderful New Year. You continue to inspire me every day, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful poem!
    I'm not a fan of winter either, so I like this poem (and the illustration of course).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic!! So simple, clean and adorable as all get out! Which is how all your work is.

    Hope you had a great holiday and Happy happy New Year to you, Monica!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Olá Mônica! feliz natal e novo ano, meus melhores desejos de felicidade para ti. beijinhos

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have always enjoyed that poem! :) And what an adorable illo to go along with it. :)

    ReplyDelete