Friday, September 2, 2011

Exhibit News : The Snowy Day and the Art of Ezra Jack Keats

A new exhibition at the Jewish Museum in New York City celebrates the 50th anniversary of the publication of The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats.

The Snowy Day and the Art of Ezra Jack Keats opens on September 9 and stays at the Jewish Museum until January 29, 2012. From there the exhibit travels to the Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art in Massachusetts (June 26 to October 14, 2012) and to the Contemporary Jewish Museum in California (Mid-November 2012 to February 2013.)

This is the first major exhibit in the United States honoring author and illustrator Ezra Jack Keats and features over 80 original works by the artist, as well as sketches and dummies.

I feel a trip to NYC coming on!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, oh oh I'd LOVE to see that!! Wow 80 originals! So sad I live so far away, I need a pair of magic ruby slippers... NOW!! : )
    x Alisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been away from the blog-o-sphere for awhile and wow, so excited for your "Little Dog Lost." Can't wait to get it! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel a trip to NYC coming on as well. I have to go and read at the Brooklyn Library. I think I will go in a day early and see this great site. Thanks so much for sharing. I love your resent post. Very sweet.
    Best to you,
    V

    ReplyDelete